Clean Clean Clean!
- Clean your apartment’s floors and the furnitures twice a week.
- Clean the pre-filters from your Air Conditioners or your purifiers every one-two months.
- Clean or refresh your linens once a week.
- Vacuum. Pollutants can accumulate in the house. By using a vacuum with a HEPA filter you can reduce concentrations of lead, dust and dust mites in your house. Mop. Mopping picks up the dust that vacuuming leaves behind. Avoid soap and other chemicals and just use water and a blend of essential oils like Tea Tree, Lemon and Pine, trust me it works! (Don’t over mopping due to excess humidity). Dust. Remove dust from the furnitures with a mixture of water and few drops of an essential oil blend (Lemon-Lavander) inside a bottle spray and with the help of a rag. No shoes. Put a floor mat at every door. People track in all sorts of chemicals via the dirt on their shoes. Finally ask your family members to walk around the house without shoes.
- Clean the pre-filters inside your shower cabin with the shower telephone and then mix in a bowl 3 cups of warm water, 1 tsp of baking soda and 4 drops of tea tree essential oils and scrub gently the filters to disinfect them and give them a fresh scent.
- Your linens can accumulate a big amount of dust, so remember to clean them by washing or by hanging them outside in the sun for a few hours or by vacuuming them in case there isn’t available any of the options above like sofas, armchairs, etc.